Rain City Studios and the Banff New Media Institute (BNMI) have put together a very, very cool event. Itâ€™s called Blogs-n-Dogs and itâ€™s a four day event in Banff, Alberta, Canada that includes workshops and information sessions on topics like:
- Managing your public life online
- Blogging and the arts: Web 2.0 independent music publishing, photographers and artists
- Personal blogs and portals
- Blog writing style
- How to make money with your blog
- Building your community and traffic, connecting with your tribe in the blogosphere
- Traditional PR, marketing and the "blogosphere"
- Social networking tools, blogging tools, aggregation and technology: RSS, XML, podcasting and video blogging
If you're not familiar with Banff, it is one of the most beautiful settings on the planet, tucked into the Canadian Rockies. See these Flickr photos.
Iâ€™m honored to be a part of the august faculty that includes:
Alexandra Samuel, Social Signal
Darren Barefoot, Head Geek, Capulet
Eric Rice, Audioblog.com
Kris Krug, Event Blogger, Sales Director, Bryght
Lee LeFever, Principle, Common Craft
Robert Scales, Managing Director, Raincity Studios
Roland Tanglao, Chief Blogging Officer, Bryght
Will Pate, Sales and Marketing Director, Raincity Studios
So why is it called "Blogs'n'Dogs" ?
You can join us for an optional dog sledding excursion in the world famous Canadian Rockies on December 6. We will be enjoying the wilderness and scenery with some friendly huskies. Come out and take part in a two hour tour of the breathtaking Canadian mountain landscape. Be sure to bring all your winter gear. This will be an opportunity to get to know the faculty and have some fun!
The event will be December 4-8th and registration is now open. It's gonna be fun! Tune into the Blogs'n'Dogs web site for more information.