For our latest video, we’re going behind the scenes of the Internet and taking a look at encryption
and how “keys” help keep our sensitive information secure as it travels from computer to computer.
About This Video:
is a fundamental part of using the Internet securely, but it is mostly invisible to the user. This video explains the basic idea of encryption and specifically the two types of keys that are used online: symmetric and public. It teaches:
- Why encryption matters on the Web
- An example of encryption used in history
- The basics of private key encryption
- The basics of public key encryption
- How public key encryption works when using a bank website
How to Use This Video
This video is designed to serve as an introduction -- it creates a solid foundation for deeper learning. Use it to kick-off a class or session on the Internet, technology, e-commerce, communications, etc.
Recently Published Videos: