New Video: Public Domain Explained
What this Video Teaches:
Using an example of a song written three generations ago, this video shows why it makes sense that the public domain exists and what it means when a song, photo, artwork, document or other creative work is in the public domain. This video teaches:
- The basics of copyright law and how it gives creators control
- Why copyrights expire over time
- How public domain works are available for use without payment or permission
- Why creators and organizations contribute to the public domain
- How to find public domain resources
Watch the video on CommonCraft.com.
Recent Explainer Videos by Common Craft
We now have 90 explainer videos in our library. Each video is designed to explain a subject so you don't have to.