Want to be notified of new videos? Subscribe to our newsletter.
One of the most surprising elements of today's artificial intelligence tools is the ability to create original works. With a few words, anyone can have AI create stories, images, music, video, computer code, and more. It seems like magic, and generative AI is powerful. However, there are also valid concerns about its use.
Common Craft members can download the file and grab embed codes in the video library.
This new video explains:
- How humans and AI are different when it comes to consuming online media
- How AI gathers the data it needs to generate responses
- The role of data and patterns in helping generative AI provide accurate responses
- How prompts and Large Language Models help generative AI
- What’s possible with generative AI
- Why people should be cautious in using media that generative AI creates
- Concerns about Generative AI’s use of copyrighted materials
Watch it in full (3m 35s)
All Common Craft videos come with Lesson Plans that help you engage students with learning objects, discussion questions, quiz questions, further reading, and more. Curious? Download this video's Lesson Plan: Common Craft Lesson Plan - Generative AI.pdf
Do You Teach Technology?
Common Craft videos are used in libraries, school districts, universities, and organizations around the world. Our unique approach to explanation and education has delighted students since 2008.
If you're interested in making Common Craft videos available to your students, I invite you to evaluate the videos in our library.
All videos are available with open captions and can be embedded, downloaded, and streamed. We offer a variety of plans and options for integrating the video library into your systems.
Bottom line: if you want to use the videos, we'll make sure it works for you. Contact us.