The Verdict: Exceeded Expectations
You're going to have to forgive me, I'm about to spew all sorts of facts and figures while at the same time stroking my ego. I fear that it will sound like bragging , but we were completely blown away by the success of the RSS in Plain English Video and I want to share.
The video was posted on April 23rd, 2007. Today is May 28th and in just over a month the video has been...
- Viewed over 80,000 times across three hosts (Blip.tv, YouTube and DotSub)
- Translated into 9 languages (subtitles)
- Commented on 160 times (across sites)
- Dugg 975 times
- Added to Del.icio.us 795 times
- Linked-to over 680 times (says Technorati)
Of course, all this has been quite good for the Common Craft web site. In the same month, the site has...
- Gained over 400 new RSS subscribers
- Reached Technorati Authority of 980, Rank of 2146
- The blog entry containing the video has been viewed 46,000+ times and has over 100 comments
- Gained more visitors by maybe 20%
And this all culminates in one big objective for us: Let's try to do THAT again!
We have been working on making The Common Craft Show page more usable and of course, creating a new video which is just a couple of days from release. More info soon. Here is the banner for the new page.
I'm really trying to lower my expectations for the sophomore effort, but I can't help myself. I enjoy making and sharing these videos so much that it scares me.