At first I took offense- like un-wired was a bad thing. Then I figured out that it meant wire-less. Woo hoo. Read the short article.
The Seattle-Bellevue-Everett-Tacoma city narrowly surpassed former unwired leaders San Francisco and Portland, Ore., which finished second and fourth, respectively, in this year's ranking of the top 100 U.S. markets for wireless Internet accessibility.
According to Intel's third annual "Most Unwired Cities" survey, conducted by Bert Sperling of Sperling's Best Places, this year's top 10 "Most Unwired" regions in the USA are:
1. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett-Tacoma, Wash.
2. San Francisco-San Jose-Oakland, Calif.
3. Austin-San Marcos, Texas
4. Portland, Ore.-Vancouver, Wash.
5. Toledo, Ohio
8. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C.
9. Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn.
10. Orange County, Calif.