Getting a custom website up and running can seem complicated. This video about Domain Names and Hosting explains the basic elements that make it work by following the story of Emma, a dog walker.
What it Teaches: This video explains the steps that one takes to have a custom built website. Our character Emma has a dog walking business and needs a website. A friend walks her through the process of finding a domain name and getting the site online. It teaches:
• How to research and reserve a domain name
• The role of web designers and developers
• How servers make websites available
• Why her website needs a “home” in the form of a host
• How the domain name registrar and host work together
Do you care about digital literacy?
This video, like others in our library, is designed for teaching technology and digital literacy. If that’s your goal, consider how Common Craft can help you be a more efficient and effective educator. Learn more.